"When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail." - Pearl S. Buck

"The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out." - James Baldwin

About me.....

My photo
I'm a dreamer and perhaps too much of an eternal optimist. I always try to look at the glass as half full. Defiant and ferocious towards those who would seek to unjustly harm others, I speak my mind...for better or worse. Where as some view compassion as a weakness I view it as a strength. I try not to live in the shadows of my regrets because doing so dims the light and the promise of a new day. I do not strive for perfection for this is the quest of fools and denies a man the blessings of humility. The bonds of true friendship and family are to be protected...sometimes by the cunning, stealth, and tenaciousness of a mouse but other times by the wrath and fury of the dragon. I am one and yet I am both. This is my truth.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Humbling Words from the Other Side

I found this rather refreshing...

< Start >
A CASE OF MISTAKEN BELIEF

I'm a snake.

I'm a silver-tongued serpent and the lot of you have enjoyed my company and even defended me against those who would question what integrity I seemingly possessed. Truth be told, no one is fully innocent and so long as we shelter ourselves to the truth, the old adage of 'guilty until proven otherwise' will never hold true.

In the face of extreme adversity, you prevailed. In the most awful of criticisms, a good number of you remained steady in your convictions. I find that admirable in my current state.

I'm a drunk. I'm addicted to cigarettes. I find that the cruelty of life itself is far more beautiful, generally, than the moments where man can stand hand-in-hand and speak as one, wholly united force against inequity. And while I type inebriated and set a horrid example in regards to the ideals of a sober state of being, I can say this much: Words, whenever spoken, hold as much truth when spoken under altered mind-state as they do when sober.

You all withstood the utmost disregard and disrespect; many of you without argument unless it was of necessity. And I have to wonder...Is it altruism? Is there such an ethereal force at work in our world?

To every RLSH that stands as an elder member of such an interesting and inspirational cadre of collected creatures...I thank you for what you've done for the greater part of humanity. Your generosity...Your spark of life is essential in ensuring our continued survival.

To every new RLSH that stands as fresh as a spry, green branch upon this great tree, I offer: No matter how daunting the task, no matter how difficult life becomes...Remember always that the symbol you've chosen is not meant to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies and detractors...But it is to strike inspiration and admiration as it has in me.

I began as your rival and while fate has decided to edge me further down the path of sin, I appreciate all you do and in my moment; in my utmost lack of sobriety and social constraint: I thank you all for providing me entertainment; inspiration...And above all else, hope...Hope that we can all one day look upon one another and say that we've changed this world for the better.

I may not be well, but I know that most of you are and that fills me with joy; joy knowing that my eternal foes are still at work and that someday my son may not have to resort to keeping a close eye on heroes claiming to be such.

-Tiny Terror, Ph.D

< End >

The link to this can be found at
http://www.therlsh.net/t8281-a-case-of-mistaken-belief

He seems to understand...thankfully some do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment