"When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail." - Pearl S. Buck

"The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out." - James Baldwin

About me.....

My photo
I'm a dreamer and perhaps too much of an eternal optimist. I always try to look at the glass as half full. Defiant and ferocious towards those who would seek to unjustly harm others, I speak my mind...for better or worse. Where as some view compassion as a weakness I view it as a strength. I try not to live in the shadows of my regrets because doing so dims the light and the promise of a new day. I do not strive for perfection for this is the quest of fools and denies a man the blessings of humility. The bonds of true friendship and family are to be protected...sometimes by the cunning, stealth, and tenaciousness of a mouse but other times by the wrath and fury of the dragon. I am one and yet I am both. This is my truth.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Zetamans Response to ROACH reposted

Since I'm accused all the time of being having unfounded reasons for being so anti-wanna be RLSV, ROACh,
and all manner of flavors in between I will allow Zetaman to do the talking for me. If you have a problem with anything he said, take it up with him or me if reposting what he said here pisses you off. Either way I haven't even an ounce of sympathy for you.

<< Start >>

Let me begin by stating that I have no intention of ever quitting what I currently do in this community, until I decide it’s time. I will not quit being Zetaman until I am ready to do so. No random acts of vandalism, threats or bullying will stop me. Any and all acts that negative people commit will only reinforce the determination that I share with my wife. We will continue doing what we do.
Sunday, my wife and I spent the day spring cleaning. Around 1 o’clock, Meow noticed a note on the windshield of our van. She didn’t think anything of it at first, as she figured it was a solicitation for a local business or nearby church service, as we occasionally get these. Meow walked over to take it off the van, and soon realized that it was a letter. It read:
To: Zetaman
With Regards,
R.O.A.C.H.
Ruthless Organization against Citizen Heroes
And the letter had the logo of R.O.A.C.H. on the top of the letter.
Meow brought the note in the house to show it to me, and we were amused and puzzled at the same time. So some guy or gal from R.O.A.C.H. dropped off a letter. So what? It wasn’t until I went out and check the van that I saw what the true damage was.
Whoever left the note also slashed two tires of our van. This immediately took a harmless note to something a much more serious. A self proclaimed R.O.A.C.H .member vandalized our property. Someone was bold enough to take it a step further through the cyber wall to do damage.
We called the police and had the information recorded. Honestly there was nothing that could be done. But a history will be established should this R.O.A.C.H. member decided to start committing more acts of vandalism, further property damage or an actual home invasion.
I do not believe this was planned by members of the R.O.A.C.H. parody group. But I do believe they should know that someone is using their logo to commit crimes. Tire slashing is a crime. It is not like teepeeing a house or throwing eggs. I have to pay for new tires. That is money out of our pocket. Not only that both Meow and I are uncertain what steps this individual will take. Will he or she go further or not? Will there be more letters and more damages? Are we going to come home one day and find our home or windows damaged? Will this individual attempt to break into our house? I find it quite unsettling that our neighbors may suddenly feel that the safety of their neighborhood is compromised. This has nothing to do with them, and not even with us, either. Not really. This is about gross disrespect and stupidity, about boundaries being crossed and crimes being committed.
Both my wife and I are not in fear of our lives, that is for sure. But this is extremely annoying and idiotic. Regardless of how much responsibility they choose to admit or accept, this attack was inspired by R.O.A.C.H. and their blogs. This is what R.O.A.C.H. has started, and weak people with soft minds have been seduced by their brainwash. People are taking things a step forward and are now looking to commit crimes in the name of R.O.A.C.H., despite the law and the common decency that we should all share.
I know that the members are going to say ‘We don’t condone violence against Citizen Heroes’ yet they continue to type out hateful messages about how someone needs to stop RLSH. Some members post mean and spiteful blogs claiming “Free Speech”. Free speech comes with a responsibility. People are responsible for the content they produce. Free Speech does not absolve a person from any responsibility for what they say or the impact it may have. And I think R.O.A.C.H. needs to be responsible and respond to this R.O.A.C.H. inspired act of vandalism.
The bottom line is that over the past year, R.O.A.C.H. members have spent their time typing out blogs that have slandered and ridiculed me and my associates. Now someone has taken it a step further and has come to my home, a place where my family should always feel safe. I have always been lenient and allowed RLSV to post on forums I work on and to even contact me. But now I can’t. From this point, if there is anyone that I don’t know, I must assume that they are there to collect personal information to potentially RLSH and/or those closest to me.
What has happened to me could happen to you. I will not be discouraged, and I urge you to continue pressing on, as I will. The good that is done is worth doing, and no negative actions should hinder it.
However, I call each and every one of you to stand with me against these cyber-terrorists, real-life villains and haters of good.
*If you or someone you know has any information about this case, please contact Officer Jeff Ridgeway of the Beaverton Police Department at 503-526-2261*

<< End >>

I urge anyone who knows anything about this to help Zetaman and Meow out. They don't deserve this kind of crap handed to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment