"When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail." - Pearl S. Buck

"The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out." - James Baldwin

About me.....

My photo
I'm a dreamer and perhaps too much of an eternal optimist. I always try to look at the glass as half full. Defiant and ferocious towards those who would seek to unjustly harm others, I speak my mind...for better or worse. Where as some view compassion as a weakness I view it as a strength. I try not to live in the shadows of my regrets because doing so dims the light and the promise of a new day. I do not strive for perfection for this is the quest of fools and denies a man the blessings of humility. The bonds of true friendship and family are to be protected...sometimes by the cunning, stealth, and tenaciousness of a mouse but other times by the wrath and fury of the dragon. I am one and yet I am both. This is my truth.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

For the record

I was told by a mutual friend that once again I was the partial subject of the babble of a some guy on the internet claiming to be a "villian". So I stroll over, read his longwinded tripe (seriously, if anyone suffers from insomnia you should check it out - it will cure you after the first two minutes or so) and after I was done I realized what a sad person he really is. Going on and on about how villians are going to win, how the legions are growing, and laying judgment on those he thinks have succeeded or failed.You recently told me you thought of yourself as a god-like being. It's too bad you cannot escape the grips of your own delusions.

Dude, I know I dress up in a spandex costume and take on a persona once in while but I find comfort in the fact that I can step away from those moments when necessary. I actually speak to people in what society considers "normal" dialogue, not as if I was perpetually trapped in a Shakespearean play. To be perfectly blunt, I have a life beyond the costume and the blogosphere, something you apparently do not.

You don't wear the mask...the mask wears you.

Trashing me on the internet isn't going to stop me from my charity work or helping people. You're not going to make me quit by continuing to be such a chronic pain in the ass.  You're not going to silence me by continuing whatever it is you want to call this screwed up crusade of yours. Seriously, you just don't matter. You might piss a few people off in a while or annoy them but that's as far as you get and really...that's not very far at all.

Oh and Bal Harbor Batman...rock on brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment