"When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail." - Pearl S. Buck

"The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out." - James Baldwin

About me.....

My photo
I'm a dreamer and perhaps too much of an eternal optimist. I always try to look at the glass as half full. Defiant and ferocious towards those who would seek to unjustly harm others, I speak my mind...for better or worse. Where as some view compassion as a weakness I view it as a strength. I try not to live in the shadows of my regrets because doing so dims the light and the promise of a new day. I do not strive for perfection for this is the quest of fools and denies a man the blessings of humility. The bonds of true friendship and family are to be protected...sometimes by the cunning, stealth, and tenaciousness of a mouse but other times by the wrath and fury of the dragon. I am one and yet I am both. This is my truth.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In the Face of Adversity...Determination Prevails

Life isn't always fair.
We don't always get what we want.
Good guys don't always win.
But you can choose to stay down or get back up and keep fighting for that which is most noble in out lives.
Love, family, good friends, worthy causes that serve the just and the needy...these are the things that we should cherish always.

I found this story very inspiring. This tragedy would have broken most people, filled them with so much angst and rage that they would have become a hollow shell, devoid of humanity but full of resentment. But she made a better choice and in doing so became a better and stronger person.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/06/01/teen-walks-across-stage-to-graduate-after-leg-severed-in-school-accident/

Building oneself up by tearing others down is nothing more than a sad contradiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment